- Kits include essential medical devices designed to limit blood loss and may help stabilize a person injured in traumatic events
- Engineered for rapid application
- Each kit includes a SAM XT extremity tourniquet, medical gloves, medical shears, compressed gauze, emergency bandage and an instruction card
- Sterile pad with extra absorbency and wicking to handle heavily draining wounds
- Soft, nonwoven outer layer quickly wicks fluid to a cellulose center, helping to keep the wound dry
- Highly absorbent cellulose quickly absorbs and disperses fluids to prevent pooling
- Hydrophobic back helps prevent strike-through
- Sealed edges prevent linting
- Powder formula delivers controlled-release antimicrobial silver ions to fight antibiotic-resistant bacteria in deep, hard-to-treat wounds of any size or shape
- Extended wear time of up to five days makes it ideal for individuals who experience pain during dressing changes
- Unique quatrefoil shape with a wide border is designed to fit the contours of the human body securely and allow patients to shower
- Masking layer minimizes the visual impact of strikethrough and is less obvious under clothing
- Excellent fluid locking under pressure for less leakage, plus odor absorption
- Multilayered design provides cushioning and helps redistribute pressure
- Silicone wound contact layer minimizes trauma to the wound and pain to the patient during dressing changes while allowing the dressing to be repositioned; change indicator helps avoid unnecessary dressing changes and waste
- Multilayer reduced-compression bandage system is best for an ankle circumference of greater than 7.25" (18 cm)
- First layer: sterile wound contact layer helps protect the wound site and wick away exudate into the absorbent padding
- Second layer: absorbent padding bandage helps absorb exudate and protect bony prominences
- Third layer: light conformable bandage helps absorb exudate and helps prepare and sculpt the leg for the application of the pressure layers
- Fourth layer: cohesive compression bandage helps maintain continuous compression and keeps the system in place for up to a full week
- Puracol Plus AG+ collagen wound dressings with silver help jump-start stalled or chronic wounds1,2,3 when antimicrobial properties of silver are desired and help promote natural healing
- High-quality 100% collagen powder maintains a high degree of nativity 4,5
- High gel integrity6 helps the dressings stay in good contact with the wound bed over time
- Indications: pressure, venous, diabetic ulcers, partial and full-thickness wounds, ulcers caused by mixed vascular etiologies, first- and second-degree burns, donor sites and other surface wounds, abrasions, traumatic wounds healing by secondary intention, and dehisced surgical wounds
- Contraindications: active vasculitis or patients with known sensitivity to collagen or silver; product not indicated for third-degree burns
- Driver V, French M, Cain J, Hagen H, Hijazin M, Patel M. The Use of Native Collagen Dressings on Chronic Lower Extremity Wounds: Case Studies. Presented at SAWC. Tampa, FL. 2007.
- A Clinical Safety and Efficacy Evaluation on Seriously Chronic Wounds with a Native Collagen Dressing, data on file.
- Rogers LC, Armstrong DG. The promise of stem cells. Podiatry Management. June/July 2007:65-70.
- Data on file.
- Picrosirius Assay to Determine Relative Nativity of Two Collagenous Dressings, internal report.
- Comparative Physical Properties of Two Collagenous Dressings, Promogran and Puracol Plus, data on file.