*In vitro studies
**Defer to physician preference
- Sterile 2-octyl cyanoacrylate adhesive for top-of-the-line, long-lasting strength and flexibility
- Unique design requires less force to use, makes more adhesive available than the leading competitor, and features a smooth foam tip for spreading adhesive evenly over the incision and beyond the wound edges
- Reduces costs and the need for patients to return for staple or suture removal**
- Accelerated closure on surgical incisions and lacerations, with dry times in as little as 30 seconds with accelerant-laced tip
- Shown to be an effective barrier against microbial penetration*
- Multilayer reduced-compression bandage system is best for an ankle circumference of greater than 7.25" (18 cm)
- First layer: sterile wound contact layer helps protect the wound site and wick away exudate into the absorbent padding
- Second layer: absorbent padding bandage helps absorb exudate and protect bony prominences
- Third layer: light conformable bandage helps absorb exudate and helps prepare and sculpt the leg for the application of the pressure layers
- Fourth layer: cohesive compression bandage helps maintain continuous compression and keeps the system in place for up to a full week
- U.S.P. absorbent fine mesh petrolatum gauze impregnated with a 3% Bismuth Tribromophenate deodorizing agent helps maintain moisture
- Dressing clings and conforms yet is permeable to allow minimal drainage to pass through to secondary dressing
- Nonadherent design helps prevent secondary dressings from "sticking" to wound/periwound skin and helps prevent trauma from dressing changes
- Ideal for nondraining to lightly draining wounds including lacerations, minor or partial thickness burns, abrasions, skin graft sites and suture wounds
- Kerlix Bandage Rolls are made of prewashed, fluff dried 100% woven gauze with unique crinkle-weave pattern for loft and bulk.
- Kerlix Bandage Rolls provide fast-wicking action, superior aeration, and excellent absorbency.
- Finished edges on the product reduce loose ends and lint.
- This product is available in 6 and 8 ply.
- 5 unique layers with a superabsorbent core that absorbs exudate, converts it into a gel, and locks it away
- Highly conformable foam dressing with gentle silicone adhesive that can be lifted up and reapplied
- Comfort and flexibility with a low-profile design and a moisture vapor transmission rate (MVTR) that adjusts to the level of fluid and improves breathability
- Design helps to collectively displace pressure when used with a pressure injury prevention protocol
- Indications: partial and full-thickness wounds; contraindications: third-degree burns
- Puracol Plus AG+ collagen wound dressings with silver help jump-start stalled or chronic wounds1,2,3 when antimicrobial properties of silver are desired and help promote natural healing
- High-quality 100% collagen powder maintains a high degree of nativity 4,5
- High gel integrity6 helps the dressings stay in good contact with the wound bed over time
- Indications: pressure, venous, diabetic ulcers, partial and full-thickness wounds, ulcers caused by mixed vascular etiologies, first- and second-degree burns, donor sites and other surface wounds, abrasions, traumatic wounds healing by secondary intention, and dehisced surgical wounds
- Contraindications: active vasculitis or patients with known sensitivity to collagen or silver; product not indicated for third-degree burns
- Driver V, French M, Cain J, Hagen H, Hijazin M, Patel M. The Use of Native Collagen Dressings on Chronic Lower Extremity Wounds: Case Studies. Presented at SAWC. Tampa, FL. 2007.
- A Clinical Safety and Efficacy Evaluation on Seriously Chronic Wounds with a Native Collagen Dressing, data on file.
- Rogers LC, Armstrong DG. The promise of stem cells. Podiatry Management. June/July 2007:65-70.
- Data on file.
- Picrosirius Assay to Determine Relative Nativity of Two Collagenous Dressings, internal report.
- Comparative Physical Properties of Two Collagenous Dressings, Promogran and Puracol Plus, data on file.