- U.S.P. absorbent fine mesh petrolatum gauze impregnated with a 3% Bismuth Tribromophenate deodorizing agent helps maintain moisture
- Dressing clings and conforms yet is permeable to allow minimal drainage to pass through to secondary dressing
- Nonadherent design helps prevent secondary dressings from "sticking" to wound/periwound skin and helps prevent trauma from dressing changes
- Ideal for nondraining to lightly draining wounds including lacerations, minor or partial thickness burns, abrasions, skin graft sites and suture wounds
- This product is constructed of 100% pure cotton fibers to provide a soft environment under a hard cast
- Wytex is a low linting product with more loft to provide a better feel for the patient
- Puracol Plus AG+ collagen wound dressings with silver help jump-start stalled or chronic wounds1,2,3 when antimicrobial properties of silver are desired and help promote natural healing
- High-quality 100% collagen powder maintains a high degree of nativity 4,5
- High gel integrity6 helps the dressings stay in good contact with the wound bed over time
- Indications: pressure, venous, diabetic ulcers, partial and full-thickness wounds, ulcers caused by mixed vascular etiologies, first- and second-degree burns, donor sites and other surface wounds, abrasions, traumatic wounds healing by secondary intention, and dehisced surgical wounds
- Contraindications: active vasculitis or patients with known sensitivity to collagen or silver; product not indicated for third-degree burns
- Driver V, French M, Cain J, Hagen H, Hijazin M, Patel M. The Use of Native Collagen Dressings on Chronic Lower Extremity Wounds: Case Studies. Presented at SAWC. Tampa, FL. 2007.
- A Clinical Safety and Efficacy Evaluation on Seriously Chronic Wounds with a Native Collagen Dressing, data on file.
- Rogers LC, Armstrong DG. The promise of stem cells. Podiatry Management. June/July 2007:65-70.
- Data on file.
- Picrosirius Assay to Determine Relative Nativity of Two Collagenous Dressings, internal report.
- Comparative Physical Properties of Two Collagenous Dressings, Promogran and Puracol Plus, data on file.
- Strong, lightweight, high-quality fiberglass casting tape with water-activated polyurethane resin dries to a smooth finish so it's gentle against exposed skin
- Easy-to-use formulation with fresh fragrance makes application a better experience for both staff and patients
- Conforms well to contours for a more comfortable fit
- Allows for penetration by X-rays to monitor healing
- Gel with ionic silver technology for sustained antimicrobial protection
- Advanced fluid handling capable of donating or absorbing moisture
- Nonstaining and gentle to healthy tissue
- Viscous formulation remains in place in the wound up to three days
- Unique quatrefoil shape with a wide border is designed to fit the contours of the human body securely and allow patients to shower
- Masking layer minimizes the visual impact of strikethrough and is less obvious under clothing
- Excellent fluid locking under pressure for less leakage, plus odor absorption
- Multilayered design provides cushioning and helps redistribute pressure
- Silicone wound contact layer minimizes trauma to the wound and pain to the patient during dressing changes while allowing the dressing to be repositioned; change indicator helps avoid unnecessary dressing changes and waste